Broken clouds, light snow
Broken clouds, light snow
26.6 °F
December 09, 2017
River Reporter Facebook pageTRR TwitterRSS Search

Letter to the Editor April 21

April 20, 2016

Support Bernie in PA

Bernie Sanders, Independent U.S. Senator and Democratic presidential candidate, has fought for working families his entire career. From protecting American jobs to ensuring tuition-free public college, from believing healthcare is a basic right to raising the minimum wage, Sen. Sanders has been an outspoken advocate for Americans’ rights. He also breaks through governmental gridlock, having passed more amendments than any other Congressional Member during 10 years of a Republican-controlled U.S. House.

Let’s notify Wall Street that we’re leveling the playing field, because it’s not working for the American people. Corrupt politics has rigged our economy to benefit the top 1% at the expense of the other 99%. This is not the democracy our founding fathers fought to create. Now is the time to fight back.

There will be a meeting of Bernie supporters in Honesdale, PA on Sunday, April 24 from 2 to 4 p.m. at 931 Main St. Visit and find details and other events at

Samia Ali Arroyo
Honesdale, PA